All schools and youth organizations participating in Say Something Week are eligible to apply for a $10,000 Say Something Award. The Say Something Week Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
The completed application, along with supporting documents, must be submitted between October 19 and November 10, 2015. No application will be accepted past 11:50 p.m. on November 10, 2015.
All applications will be reviewed by Sandy Hook Promise's Say Something Award Committee between November 11 and November 29, 2015. The winner will be announced the week of November 30, 2015.
Award Criteria and Rules
Applications will be judged on a point system detailed in the application form below. Criteria includes:
- Implementation of a Say Something Program during Say Something Week, October 19 – 23, 2015.
- Student Participation: Reached and included as many young people as possible during Say Something Week.
- Creativity and Ownership: Encouraged young people to lead Say Something efforts and use their own creative voice and expression.
- Community Reach: Expanded Say Something Week into the larger community to further the reach, including parents, school/youth organization staff, community leaders, media and community members.
- Sustainability: Incorporated Say Something lessons and activities as part of ongoing plans to carry Say Something forward within your school or youth organization.
- Supporting documents: Supporting documents, such as photos, videos, materials, press clippings from your Say Something Week.
Please read the full Say Something Award application rules before submitting your application.
All questions must be sent in writing to: email@example.com.
Submit Your Say Something Award Application