All schools and youth organizations participating in Start With Hello Week are eligible to apply for a $10,000 Start With Hello Award. The Start With Hello Week Planning Guide contains tips and best practices that will help with your application.
The completed application, along with supporting documents, must be submitted between February 8 and March 4, 2016. No application will be accepted past 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2016.
All applications will be reviewed by the Sandy Hook Promise Start With Hello Award Committee between March 7 and April 1, 2016. The winner will be chosen by April 1 and announced shortly thereafter.
Award Criteria and Rules
Applications will be judged on a point system detailed in the application form below. Criteria includes:
- Implementation of a Start With Hello Program during Start With Hello Week, February 8-12, 2016.
- Student Participation: Reached and included as many young people as possible during Start With Hello Week.
- Creativity and Ownership: Encouraged young people to lead Start With Hello efforts and use their own creative voice and expression.
- Community Reach: Expanded Start With Hello Week into the larger community to further the reach, including parents, school/youth organization staff, community leaders, media and community members.
- Sustainability: Identified an adult champion within the school/youth organization and formed a student group or club and/or developed a plan to implement Start With Hello lessons, reminders and activities as part of future plans to carry Start With Hello forward within your school or youth organization.
- Supporting documents: Supporting documents, such as photos, videos, materials, press clippings from your Start With Hello Week.
Please read the full Start With Hello Award application rules before submitting your application.
All questions must be sent in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Start With Hello Award Application