what is say something
Say Something is a youth violence prevention program from – a national violence prevention organization. Say Something Anonymous Reporting System allows youth and adults to submit secure and anonymous safety concerns to help identify and intervene upon at-risk individuals BEFORE they hurt themselves or others. The system enables school administrators and law enforcement to create effective interventions and to help prevent violence, suicide, bullying, self-harm and other forms of threatening behavior.
With our Anonymous Reporting System, it’s easy and completely confidential to report safety concerns to help prevent violence and tragedies*.
How Does It Work
- » Submit an anonymous tip 24/7 through the , or by
- » Receive a Report ID and Password if you would like to follow-up on your report
- » Crisis center reviews, assesses and processes all submissions
- » Crisis center sends all submissions to law enforcement and/or school administration for intervention
- » If needed, crisis center may contact you anonymously through the app or by case number follow-up
- » Crisis center posts status of submission with case as case progresses and closes
*Note: If an individual knowingly submits a false tip, he/she may give up their anonymity per school policy and local/state laws.